Ask if they would be interested in participating in a monthly online hangout. Ultimately, companies are looking for someone who can serve as a committed customer advocate. Your character and willingness to learn are the most important factors in your ability to thrive in a home-based customer service job. Whether you can leverage these connections or not, take the time to explore job boards created specifically for remote work or support roles. These online resources give you a sense of the wide breadth of hiring companies. As you look for remote work, you’ll notice that a lot of remote positions will require six months, a year, or even more of remote experience.
A customer service team typically will answer questions about products and services. Here’s an opportunity to turn your finesse with making TikTok videos and viral tweets into a successful career. By designing a variety of social media posts, these specialists help businesses build their online personalities. When people who are recovering from injuries or managing disabilities need assistance learning to perform daily physical activities, occupational therapists lend a helping hand.
How do I use remote customer service as a stepping stone?
This service is designed for people who are extremely busy and need someone to organize their day-to-day schedule. As a Fancy Hands rep, you’ll make phone calls, book hotel, and restaurant reservations, and help customers achieve their daily goals. One of the best features of this job is that you get to decide the hours that you’ll work. A live chat agent provides constant support to customers or prospects over live chat. For example, you’ll often be helping customers with questions they have while online shopping on your company’s website.
- The absolute best way to protect yourself is to research the company and the position.
- But employee positions typically pay better, come with benefits, and still allow working from home.
- Remote is an online recruitment platform offering you remote customer service representative jobs from various companies.
- This content has been made available for informational purposes only.
If you have strong views and like to share them, you don’t have to limit yourself to social media diatribes. This newsletter is an awesome entry point to the customer service community. Dive into their email campaign archive for tips and tricks of the trade — there are a lot of gems in there.
How to Snag (and Succeed at) a Remote Customer Service Job
Most duties performed by customer service agents can be done from a home office using the internet to connect to communications tools. Customer service representatives serve as the first point of contact for customers. They provide information or answer questions about products or services and handle and resolve complaints to provide a positive customer service experience. There are quite a few companies known for hiring at-home customer service reps, especially during the busy season. Not all companies may be hiring at this time, but if you want to find a work-from-home job doing customer services, these are all great places to start looking. Requirements can change at any time and with different positions.
- Maybe you move frequently and can’t commit to working in one location?
- To get a job via NoDesk, find the job that fits your skills and preferences and apply online.
- If talking on the phone isn’t what you’re looking for in a remote customer service position, you’re in luck.
- Doing the job from home opens opportunities to work with clients in different parts of the nation, but you may need to be licensed in the states where you and your clients live.
- Be ready with positive reasons for making the switch, and demonstrate how it can benefit the company.
- During the interview process, share what excites you about the position and talk about how your priorities match the hiring company’s values.
- These are great starting points that list thousands of remote customer service roles.
Entry level remote customer service jobs are a great way to start working from home with no experience and as a beginner, which makes them a popular choice. SimplyHired offers you over 39,700 remote customer service jobs that are hiring now. If talking on the phone isn’t what you’re looking for in a remote customer service position, you’re in luck. Live chat via computer, as well as other digital services, is popular for many big (and small) online businesses.
Need Help Getting Started?
In this role, you’ll work roughly 40 hours a week and have unlimited vacation days. You can recruit agents to be at home customer service reps who will work for your remote business, servicing even more clients — boosting your revenue to new heights. With the Arise® Platform, you can be your own boss, work independently, make your own schedule, and work when it’s most convenient for you.
- They are also one of the best stay at home mom jobs for parents who are looking to work remotely.
- The site also does not provide education stipends to complete required training.
- Customer service representatives are in high demand as companies become increasingly global and need to staff help centers 24/7.
- For example, one of the jobs Jobspresso features is for FreshBooks, where you’ll be required to support entrepreneurs and solve their inquiries.
- “The flexibility of being able to work when you want to [and] being able to pick your own work schedule.
The more comfortable and confident you are with what you offer as a professional, the more likely you are to find your dream job. Hiring managers are always looking for critical thinking skills, communication abilities, remote customer service meaning empathy, and a genuine interest in the customer. Working in customer service no longer means sitting in a cubicle. You don’t have to drive to an office park or commute 90 minutes on a train every day.